We’re driven by innovation. We recognized early that doing business in new, smarter ways would not only create a more viable company—it could also enable us to meet our social responsibilities and reduce our impact on the environment – two objectives integral to ethical business conduct.
Our vision is simple: we want to help meet the needs of society today while respecting the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
We are guided by three strategic principles that make sustainability implicit in everything we do:
With these strategic principles as a framework, we’re vigorously pursuing our key sustainability objectives. Among them:
- Managing our environmental footprint
- Developing solutions that address environmental and social challenges for our customers and society
- Assuring our products are safe for their intended use through their entire lifecycle
- Assuring the appropriate management of any health and safety issues that may touch customers, neighbors, and the public
- Maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Satisfying our customers with superior quality and value
- Providing a supportive, flexible work environment
- Supporting local needs and education in our community
- Conducting our business with uncompromising honesty and integrity
Sustainability grew from a commitment to both innovation and ethical conduct. By continually increasing sustainability at the economic, social, and environmental levels, we believe we are building a strong, vital company today, and leaving a rich legacy on which future generations can build.